- Last updated: 10 January 2014
We welcome the reader (hereinafter, “you”) to participate in our community as a reader, editor, author or a contributor, and we encourage you to join the Brickimedia community. However, before doing so, we ask you to carefully and thoroughly read these ToU.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY, AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS AS A MEMBER OF BRICKIMEDIA.
Membership and agreement
By creating an account on Brickimedia, you warrant and represent that you have read and agreed to this document. This document is a summation of the how Brickimedia may and may not be used by members (members being defined as anyone who creates an account on Brickimedia). By agreeing to these ToU, you warrant and represent that you will abide by the these same ToU.
- By agreeing to these ToU you warrant and represent that you will:
- Read and abide by all of Brickimedia's global policies.
Some information from the global policies is summarized below along with links to the specific policy, but is not meant to replace the full written policies in any manner.
At Brickimedia, all images are uploaded and kept on Meta, and used across any Brickimedia projects. Images must follow certain guidelines enumerated in our image policy.
Freedom of projects
Brickimedia allows all hosted projects to have as much freedom as possible. The only restrictions Brickimedia places on each project is that they must follow Brickimedia's global policies. More information on projects' freedom can be found here.
Unless otherwise stated, all content on Brickimedia projects is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. A change of the content license for an individual wiki should be requested and decided upon by the Board.
Under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license, the following terms apply on all Brickimedia projects unless otherwise stated:
- You are free to share the work. This means you are able to copy, distribute and transmit the work.
- You are free to to remix the work. This means you are able to adapt the work.
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution – You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author, but not in a way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work.
- Share Alike – If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
More information regarding this license can be found on the Creative Commons website.
- By agreeing to these ToU you warrant and represent that you will not use Brickimedia to:
- Submit or transmit any content that is abusive, pornographic, profane, obscene, libelous, discriminatory (including, but not limited to, racist, sexist or homophobic), derogatory or otherwise inappropriate or in violation of legal statutes or moral rights;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate any other user, person or entity;
- Abuse, harass, or in any way violate the rights of any user;
- Damage or remove valid content from, or in any other way vandalize, any articles or other content across all Brickimedia projects;
- Abuse any user rights you may attain on any Brickimedia projects;
- Solicit or attempt to solicit personal information from any other users;
- Engage in, encourage, or in any other way become involved in criminal or otherwise illegal activities through Brickimedia;
- Solicit or attempt to solicit passwords or any other confidential information from users;
- Misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful; or,
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
You are solely responsible for the security of your password and should never disclose it to any third party. Your password is kept confidential and not recorded by Brickimedia.
Any violations of these ToU may result in your account being blocked by an administrator. You are solely responsible for any actions carried out by your account, and will be held responsible for any violations of this ToU. If you witness a violation to these ToU by another user, you are encouraged to report such a violation to an administrator.
We do not accept any responsibility for any losses which may arise as a result of accessing or relying upon the information contained on Brickimedia; and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for losses or damages directly or indirectly arising as a result of use of this site. We do not make any definitive guarantees of the accuracy of information contained on this site.
We appreciate your taking the time to read through our ToU, and hope to see you as a contributor to Brickimedia and a member of the community here. Through your contibutions you are helping to maintain and promote this collaborative encyclopedia on all things relating to LEGO and LEGO products, and you are also becoming part of a passionate fan site and community. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, comments or concerns.