Logs are special pages that will log special actions, such as protecting pages and deleting pages. You can select the log type, the user name (case-sensitive except for the first letter) of the acting user, and/or the affected page (full name required, case-sensitive except for the first letter). All logs can be seen at Special:Logs with some exceptions, or they can be categorised into certain log actions.
- Log types
- Logs changes made to the abuse filters (these are automated filters that work to try and prevent vandalism).
- Logs all uploads of avatars made by users
- Logs all blocks made on this wiki, to users
- Logs all messages in public chat
- Logs of all CheckUser actions. This log is only visible to users with the CheckUser right.
- Logs all blog comments
- Logs all deletions of pages and files
- Logs WikiForum events, such as forum creation or comments on forums.
- Logs of global blocks made and removed from this wiki (these are blocks that affect users no matter what Brickimedia project they are on).
- Logs changes to global rights (these are rights, such as Administrator, that apply on all Brickimedia projects).
- Logs all imports of pages with edit histories
- Logs all changes made to the Interwiki table.
- Logs all merges of one page's history into another
- Logs all page moves and renames
- Logs all patrolled revisions (these are edits by patrollers and administrators that are marked as patrols, as well as edits by non-patroller or administrator users that have been marked as patrolled).
- Logs all page protections (when an Administrator blocks a page being edited by some groups of users).
- Logs all uploads of files and images
- Logs user creations
- Logs user merge actions
- Logs all SocialProfile edits
- Logs all user renames
- Logs changes made to local user rights
Reading log entries
The default syntax for a log entry in Special:Logs will usually look like this.
- □ hh:mm, Day Month Year User (Talk| contribs | block) action "Page" (summary)
□- A box that can be checked to show or hide selected log entries.
hh:mm- Shows the time of the log entry in 24 hour format (h represents hour while m represents minute)
Day Month YearShows the date of the log entry by day, month, and then year.
User- Shows the specific user inputting the log entry
Talk- Links to the talk page of the user
contribs- Links to the contributions of the user
block- Links to the Special:Block page of the user for sysops to block the user if needed
action- Shows what type of activity is being done by the user (ex: A user might be commenting and thus the log entry is a comment log type)
"Page"- Shows what page has been changed by a user
(summary)- Shows summary if edit filled in the summary
Short URL for logs
- Abuse filter log -
- Avatar upload log -
- Block log -
- Chat log -
- CheckUser log -
- Comments log -
- Deletion log -
- Forum log -
- Global block log -
- Global rights log -
- Interwiki table log -
- Import Log -
- Merge log -
- Move log -
- Patrol log -
- Protection log -
- Upload log -
- User creation log -
- User merge log -
- User profile edit log -
- User rights log -
|Social -||Blogs - Comments - Chat - Forums - Profiles - Talk Pages - User Activity - User levels|
|Editing -||Uploading an image - Contributions - History - Logs - Namespaces - Recent Changes|
|User Rights -||User Rights - Administrator - Bot -Bureaucrat - Moderator|