Currently we have six individual wikis (not counting the admin wiki), most which have very few edits, or as in LMOW's case, none. As most of these do not have any activity and are eating up server resources, I propose that we dump some, if not all of them (go back to one wiki like on Wikia).
Currently, there are three options: keep everything as is, move back to one wiki or delete some of the projects. I'd say that option 3 sounds best, but that is just my opinion. If we do go with option 3 we have the difficult problem of deciding which wikis to go and which to keep. But that is for later. --LK901 20:00, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
- I think it would be better to have an idea of which wikis to drop before we decide to drop them. Berrybrick (talk) 20:36, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
- It has been pretty much decided to drop LMOW, and LSW is merging with Customs. That is basically what this topic is for, though. --LK901 20:48, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
Third option is the best... Get rid of stories for one thing. --Blue Fire (talk) 21:04, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
Stories is already going to be dropped as soon as whoever decided that takes action on it. --ToaMeiko (talk) 22:27, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
Well, let's see what we need and what we don't.
- Meta - Of course we need it
- En - Of course we need it
- Customs - It's still pretty active and I think it's an important part of our community
- Stories - Merging with Customs, will be removed
- Ideas - I personally think it should stay, and so does all of its users
- LMO - No activity, no use, take it down.
^ Per Knight Sibo2808 (talk) 07:19, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
- Meta - Keep for now.
- En - This isn't even discussable
- Customs - Maybe. It should probably be renamed LEGO Fanipedia or something along those lines, if LSW is being merged with it.
- Stories - See Customs.
- Ideas - Either a new namespace on 'pedia, or keep.
- LMO - Dump it. This is a definite. --LK901 15:55, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
- Meta - Keep, this is necessary.
- En - Keep, obviously
- Customs - This is an essential part of our brickimedia community. keep
- Stories - Should be merged with CustomsWiki
- Ideas - Keep keep keep
- LMO - I would say keep, but nothing has been accomplished. So no, unfortunately, I'll have to say dump it.
Codyn329 (talk) 01:16, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
- Meta - Keep because I don't want to reprogram how global images and rights are managed in the database.
- En - useless wiki that nobody in their right mind would possibly find useful, but keep it anyways. :/
- Customs - yes I like this wiki
- Stories - get whoever's idea it was to merge them to finally get around to merging them
- Ideas - yes it's our second largest content wiki
- LMO - close it until a group of people are actually interested in developing it as a community
ToaMeiko (talk) 04:27, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
- Since the verdict is pretty clear, should LMO be shut down immediatly, since there is no need to merge it with anything? And the LSW/Customs merge will contiune to drag on.... --LK901 21:31, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
Because I feel like making a list too!
- Meta- Keep, but I think we need to do something with these image categories on here (wait, that's a whole other issue)
- En- hmm...
- Customs - I've completely lost interest in customs personally, but just checked back and still seems to be getting activity which is good. (keep, duh)
- Stories - merge to Customs in a separate namespace. And maybe, you know, actually merge it? You can play around with skins and stuff after the content's merged...
- Ideas - keep, but somehow try to get some activity over there
- LMO - close immediately
So, pretty much what everyone else said. NovaHawk (talk) 12:12, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
- Meta - Why even bring this up?
- En - same as above^
- Customs - keep
- Stories - IDK
- Ideas - definitely keep - and @Soupperson we hoard a lot of information not found on the Ideas site such as detailed information regarding CUUSOO and its functions, unofficial events and controversies that the Ideas staff just wants to forget about, etc.
- LMO - I propose a "LEGO Video Games" wiki, which we can put LMOW into. But seeing as En has a lot of that covered it might be best just to dump the content there.
- --LEGOSuperDKong (talk) 14:37, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- A LEGO Video Games wiki sounds as if it might just work. Might need to bring that up later. --LK901 22:24, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
- Meta - Yes
- En - Yes
- Customs - Yes
- Stories - Merging with Customs, so yes
- Ideas - Yes
- LMO - No, trash it.
-NBP3.0 (talk) 19:31, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- We have a very clear verdict. Sysadmins? :P--LK901 22:24, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
- Meta - well, as much as I hate it, I guess its too much hassle to destroy it forever.
- En - ...
- Customs - ...
- Stories - SHOULDN'T EXIST ANYMORE BECAUSE IT SHOULD HAVE MERGED LIKE A MONTH AGO
- LMO - lol
- Ideas - they do there thing (I assume)/
CJC95 (talk) 22:57, 22 November 2014 (UTC)